Dr Manoj Kumar
Engineering and Information Sciences
- School of Engineering Staff Profiles
- Dr Manoj Kumar
Dr Manoj Kumar is an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences. The core areas of my research are information security, digital forensics, Image processing and application of ML in digital data security.
Dr Manoj Kumar obtained his PhD in Computer Science Engineering from The Northcap University, India and M.Sc. in Information Security and Digital Forensics from Technological University Dublin, Ireland (Formerly Institute of Technology Blanchardstown, Dublin). He published over 100 articles, 10 patents and more than 10 books with reputed publishers.
Dr Kumar follows a student-centric and problem based approach where students are more interactive and engage themselves in the teaching/learning process. With this I focus on learning through research and this provide students an opportunity to involve more in the work that has real impact with effective solutions for various set of problems. These approaches equipping students with more analytical skills that help them to take on the next step in their carrier.
Dr Kumar work in with various inter-disciplinary areas including data security, forensics, computer networks, image processing, computer vision, machine learning and IOT.
Dr. Kumar have more than 11.6 years of experience in Academics and Corporate. Prior to working with UOWD, he served as an Associate Professor and Program Head for three specializations (Cyber Security and Forensics, Blockchain and IOT) at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun, India.
- Post doctorate certificate from Majmaah University on Project IFP-2020-21 funded by deputyship of Research & innovation, Ministry of Education, Saudi Arabia from October 2020 to September 2021.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The Northcap University, Gurugram. The area of Research was "Digital Image Forgery Detection using 3D Lighting Fingerprints".
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Computing (Information Security and Digital Forensics) from Institute of Technology Blanchardstown, Dublin (Ireland) and obtained First-Class Honors with distinction.
- Master of Technology in Computer Science Engineering from ITM University Gurgaon, and obtained First-Class Honors.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering from Kurukshetra University, and obtained First-Class Honors with distinction.
- Alsahref, A., Aggarwal, K., Sonia, Kumar, M., Mishra, A., 2022, “Review of ML and AutoML Solutions to Forecast Time-Series Data”, Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11831-022-09765-0
- Chithaluru P., Stephan T., Kumar M., Nayyar A., 2022, “An enhanced energy-efficient fuzzy-based cognitive radio scheme for IoT”, Neural Computing and Applications, DOI: 10.1007/s00521-022-07515-8
- Samriya J.K., Tiwari R., Cheng x., Singh R.K., Shankar A., Kumar M., 2022, “Network Intrusion Detection using ACO-DNN Model with DVFS Based Energy Optimization in Cloud Framework”, Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems, No. 2022, pp. 100746, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suscom.2022.100746
- Raheja S., Obaidat M. S., Kumar M., Sadoun B., Bhushan S., 2022, “A Hybrid MCDM Framework and Simulation Analysis for the Assessment of Worst Polluted Cities,” Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, vol. 109, pp. 102281, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.simpat.2022.102540
- Kumar M., Aggarwal J., Rani A., Stephan T., Shankar A., Mirjalili S., 2021 “Secure Video Communication Using Firefly Optimization and Visual Cryptography” Artificial Intelligence Review, DOI : 10.1007/s10462-021-10070-8
- Bhardwaj, A., Alshehri, M.D., Kaushik, K., Alyamani, H.J., Kumar, M., 2022 "Secure framework against cyber-attacks on cyber-physical robotic systems," Journal of Electronic Imaging, Vol. 31, No. 6, 061802 (2022), doi: 10.1117/1.JEI.31.6.061802
- Chithaluru P., AL-Turjman F., Kumar M., Stephan T., 2021, "MTCEE-LLN: Multi-layer Threshold Cluster-based Energy Efficient Low Power and Lossy Networks for Industrial Internet of Things," in IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 4940-4948, doi: 10.1109/JIOT.2021.3107538
- Digital Forensics, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, Computer Vision, Information and Network Security, Network Forensics, Computer Networks, Theory of Computation, Steganography, Cryptography, Computing, OOPs Technologies, WSN, Blockchain
- Co-Investigator in the Research and Development Project under Deanship of Scientific Research, Majmaah University, Saudi Arabia with project Title: Smart Water Treatment to Utilise Sea Water for Farming and Drinking From 1/10/2020 to 30/09/2021. The grant was for SAR 1, 36,800/- (Grant Number: IFP-2020-21)
- Co-Investigator (External) in the Research and Development Project under Deanship of Scientific Research, King Abdelaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia under project Title: A DE-ANN Inspired Skin Cancer Detection Approach Using Fuzzy C-Means Clustering form September 2019 to August 2020. The Grant Number is: DF-813-611-1441
- Professional Membership of IEEE and IEEE Computer Society (USA), (Membership # 92071762)
- Professional Membership of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) (USA), (Membership # 0303514, CNo-3599039)
- Lifetime Membership, IFERP (Institute for Engineering Research and Publication), (Membership # PM31840592)
- QFM Member, London Journals Press (UK) London (Membership ID # UF67756,)
- Worked with Zephyr System Pvt. Ltd, India as a BTS engineer from July 2009 to Dec. 2009.
- Worked with Ganapati Network Solution, India as a BTS engineer (Project) from Aug. 2008 to June 2009.
- Information Security Governance,
- Digital Forensics, IT system and Physical Security,
- C Programming,
- Data Structure,
- Image Processing,
- Advance Algorithms,
- Distributed System,
- Pattern Recognition,
- Theory of Computation,
- Cryptography and Network Security,
- Fundamental of Computing,
- Computer Networks,
- Advance Computer Networks,
- Operating System,
- Machine Learning
Remember to attend our next Open Day on Saturday, 17 June 2023.
Join our experts to learn more about our degrees, and how you can enrol at UOWD in our
Autumn intake which starts on 18 September 2023.