Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
Duration12 - 15 months
AED 7,846.13 / USD 2,138 per subject
*VAT 5% inclusive
Our Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies focuses on strengthening your professional portfolio and will help you to develop specialised knowledge of the schooling system as a first step in your educational career.
Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, you have the option to progress to the master's level qualification, which will help you to develop the strategic competencies required to take on leadership roles in the sector.
If you are interested in playing an important role in shaping the next generation of society and pursuing a career as a Lecturer, Counselor, Teacher, School Management or Principal, then our Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies is for you.
Students applying for a master's degree must have completed a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education and have achieved the minimum grades outlined below:
|Country||Direct Admission||Probationary Admission*
( GPA 2.5-2.99 or equivalent)
(GPA 2.0-2.49 or equivalent)
|Egypt||65% (Good)||57%||50% (Pass)|
|10 Point System: 7.0/10.0||10 Point System: 6.0/10.0||10 Point System: 5.0/10.0|
|4 Point System: 3.0/4.0||4 Point System: 2.5/4.0||4 Point System: 2.0/4.0|
|Russia||Average of 4||Average of 3.5||Average of 3|
|UK||2nd Class Honours with lower division (or min 50%)||45%||Pass (or min 40%)|
* Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s program, only if they meet the necessary English language requirement. Such students must take a maximum of 18cp of subjects studied for the master’s degree during the period of conditional admission and must achieve an overall WAM of 55 in their first 3 subjects at the University. Students who fail to achieve this standard may have their enrolment discontinued.
** Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s degree, only if they meet the necessary English language requirement and they will be required to complete a maximum of 18cp remedial non-credit bearing subjects prior to enrolment in their chosen master’s degree. Students must achieve a minimum WAM of 55 in these subjects in order to progress to the master’s degree or may have their enrolment discontinued.
 Unless otherwise stated, the entry requirements above are based on Section I institutions. Further details on alternate entry requirements can be obtained by contacting the Admissions department.
At UOWD, all classes are taught in English and in order to enrol in a Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies you will need to submit one of the following certificate of English language proficiency:
|English Language Test||Entry Score|
|IELTS (Academic)||Overall score of 6.5 with 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking|
|Internet-based TOEFL||88 with not less than 22 in Writing, 20 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 18 in Speaking|
|Computer based TOEFL||231 with a 4.5 TWE/Essay Writing|
|International paper based TOEFL||575 with a 4.5 TWE/Essay Writing|
|EmSAT Achieve – English||1550|
If you are seeking credit for prior learning, you will need to submit an official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and the grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system. Your eligibility for Credit for Prior Learning will be decided in consultation with UOWD's Faculty Offices prior to the beginning of the program.
To make an application for your chosen program, complete the online application form and submit it along with all your supporting documentation (see below) prior to the application deadline.
Late applications may be accepted subject to the availability of places but applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The following records are required to process your application. Please ensure that all these documents accompany your UOWD application for admission form submittal:
- The original transcripts of your bachelor's degree results
- A Certificate of Completion
(If the above documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required)
- Proof of your english language proficiency
(Note: Results from IELTS & TOEFL tests must be sent to the University directly from the IELTS or TOEFL testing centres quoting the UOWD institution code IELTS: AE109 / TOEFL: 7907)
- Your current resume or CV
- A copy of your UAE ID card (if applying from within the UAE)
- A copy of your passport (and Residence Visa, if resident in the UAE)
Additionally, if you are seeking advance standing in your chosen program:
- Certified copies of official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) of the courses you successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
Applications are required to obtain attestation / equivalency of their bachelor's degree from the UAE Ministry of Education. The attestation / equivalency process is dependent upon whether you completed your bachelor's degree within the UAE or outside the UAE.
If the bachelor’s degree was completed outside UAE, you must have your bachelor's degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
- The issuing University and/or recognised authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country OR the Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations.
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate. Applicants must have a valid UAE residency visa when applying for an Equivalency Certificate. In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If you are unable to secure the Equivalency Certificate(s) as outlined above will be asked to sign a “Consent to Provide Documents” form agreeing to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies at UOWD, but will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the equivalency certificate(s). UOWD reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment at UOWD.
To qualify for the Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies, a student is required to successfully complete 8 core subjects. Upon successful completion, students may progress to the Master of Educational Studies if the choose to.
- Psychology for Educators
- Curriculum and Learning Design
- Assessment and Reporting in a School Context
- Introduction to Technology in Education
- Designing Digital Learning Environments
- Introduction to Inclusive Education: Strategies, Policies and Legislation
- Second Language Literacy
- Practicum (in a school setting)
Accreditation and Recognition
All degrees at the University of Wollongong in Dubai are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the UAE Ministry of Education and are licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). In addition, the degree is quality assured by UOW, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia.
Students will be issued a UOW Australia degree upon graduation.
Dr Muna Amr
Dr Amr is an Associate Professor of Education at the Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Health at the University of Wollongong in Dubai. In the field of education, her primary research interests are on inclusive education, blended learning, teacher education, literacy, education for refugee children and educational policies and reform in the Middle East.