Master of Business Administration
18 - 24 months
AED 9,597.26 / USD 2,615 per subject
*VAT 5% inclusive
In recent years, career opportunities for MBA candidates have witnessed a transition. According to career experts, MBA jobs are all set to boom in the coming years, with lack of skills and uncertainty in the business environment. Business models have changed drastically for most companies. These kinds of dynamics make a demand for MBA graduates stronger.
Our Master of Business Administration degree in dubai is designed for experienced professionals interested in developing their strategic thinking and ability to lead businesses in a responsible and impactful manner. The knowledge and skills gained on an MBA are transferable across a wide range of sectors, including public and private sector, in manufacturing, in financial services, in healthcare, in real estate, in media and in retail. Given the challenges of leading businesses in global contexts, graduates are expected to demonstrate not only the knowledge and skills relevant to individual areas of expertise, but skills that demonstrate holistic thinking, as evidenced by an ability to integrate and apply knowledge to relevant business contexts.
In line with UOWD commitment to responsible and sustainable leadership, the learning activities within our MBA program include relevant and current case studies that compare theory with examples of leading-edge organizational practices, guest lectures delivered by industry professionals, peer learning and critical reflection, followed by undertaking assessments that focus on using and applying knowledge and skills in real-life settings. The collective learning experience and authentic assessments enable students to attain knowledge and skills to international standards.
The subject offering is aligned with UOW Sydney Business School, so that students across campuses can collaborate in their learning and gain the global experience. This provides the students the global experience of working across time zones and cultures, like they would experience working in a multinational company.
Students applying for a master's degree must have completed a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education and have achieved the minimum grades outlined below:
|Country||Direct Admission||Probationary Entry*
GPA 2.5-2.99 or equivalent
GPA 2.0-2.49 or equivalent
|Egypt||65% (Good)||57%||50% (Pass)|
|10 Point System: 7.0/10.0||10 Point System: 6.0/10.0||10 Point System: 5.0/10.0|
|4 Point System: 3.0/4.0||4 Point System: 2.5/4.0||4 Point System: 2.0/4.0|
|Russia||Average of 4||Average of 3.5||Average of 3|
|UK||2nd Class Honours with lower division (or min 50%)||45%||Pass (or min 40%)|
* Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s program, only if they meet the necessary english language requirement. Such students must take a maximum of 18cp of subjects studied for the master’s degree during the period of conditional admission and must achieve an overall WAM of 55 in their first 3 subjects at the University. Students who fail to achieve this standard may have their enrolment discontinued.
** Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study, or its equivalent, with an overall GPA between 2.0 and 2.49 (on a 4.0 scale) may be conditionally admitted to a master’s degree, only if they meet the necessary english language requirement and they will be required to complete a maximum of 18cp remedial non-credit bearing subjects prior to enrolment in their chosen Master’s degree. Students must achieve a minimum WAM of 55 in these subjects in order to progress to the master’s degree or may have their enrolment discontinued.
 Unless otherwise stated, the entry requirements above are based on Section I institutions. Further details on alternate entry requirements can be obtained by contacting the Admissions department.
 Applicants to the MBA program are also required to have two years full time work experience after the completion of their bachelor's degree.
At UOWD, all classes are taught in English and in order to enrol in a master's degree you will need to submit one of the following certificate of English language proficiency:
|English Language Test||Entry Score|
|Overall score of 6.5 with 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking|
|88 with not less than 22 in Writing, 20 in Reading, 17 in Listening, 18 in Speaking|
|231 with a 4.5 TWE/Essay Writing|
International paper based
|575 with a 4.5 TWE/Essay Writing|
* Students admitted under this criterion must complete the test at AMIDEAST.
If you hold a bachelor's degree from a non-business discipline, you may be required to undertake a Graduate Foundation Course (GFC). The course must be successfully completed in the first semester.
The GFC does not accrue any academic credit towards the master's degree but will provide you with a foundation in key subjects such as Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Operations Management and Business Research Methods, that may be required for your chosen field of study. You will be advised if and what course(s) from the GFC you will be required to take following careful consideration of your admission application.
Read more information here.
If you are seeking credit for prior learning, you will need to submit an official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and the grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) for the courses you have successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system. Your eligibility for Credit for Prior Learning will be decided in consultation with UOWD's Faculty Offices prior to the beginning of the program.
To make an application for your chosen program, complete the online application form and submit it along with all your supporting documentation (see below) prior to the application deadline.
Late applications may be accepted subject to the availability of places but applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The following records are required to process your application. Please ensure that all these documents accompany your UOWD application for admission form submittal:
- The original transcripts of your bachelor's degree results
- A Certificate of Completion
(If the above documents are not in English, a certified English translation is required)
- Proof of your english language proficiency
(Note: Results from IELTS & TOEFL tests must be sent to the University directly from the IELTS or TOEFL testing centres quoting the UOWD institution code IELTS: AE109 / TOEFL: 7907)
- Your current resume or CV
- Letter(s) from employer(s) showing 2 years of work experience (for MBA applicants only)
- A copy of your UAE ID card (if applying from within the UAE)
- A copy of your passport (and Residence Visa, if resident in the UAE).
Additionally, if you are seeking advance standing in your chosen program:
- Certified copies of official academic transcripts showing all courses studied and grades obtained, syllabus details (including information on course content) of the courses you successfully completed and an explanation of the grading system.
Applications are required to obtain attestation / equivalency of their bachelor's degree from the UAE Ministry of Education. The attestation / equivalency process is dependent upon whether you completed your bachelor's degree within the UAE or outside the UAE.
If the bachelor’s degree was completed outside UAE, you must have your bachelor's degree and transcripts/mark sheets certified by:
- The issuing University and/or recognised authority for tertiary education in the host country in which you completed your education
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the host country
- The UAE Embassy in that host country OR the Embassy of the host country in UAE must attest the authenticity of the documents and attestations.
Additionally, the UAE Ministry of Education must issue an Equivalency Certificate. Applicants must have a valid UAE residency visa when applying for an Equivalency Certificate. In special cases where complying with conditions (2) and (3) are not feasible, the certificates may be verified against originals by Embassies in the UAE and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
If you are unable to secure the Equivalency Certificate(s) as outlined above will be asked to sign a “Consent to Provide Documents” form agreeing to secure the equivalency. You will be permitted to commence your studies at UOWD, but will be given a maximum of one semester to obtain the equivalency certificate(s). UOWD reserves the right to take appropriate action against any applicant who cannot secure the appropriate documentation in this time, which may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment at UOWD.
For more information or assistance on attesting documents from outside UAE, click here.
Our Master of Business Administration offers a unique approach to holistic business areas, with an in-depth and rigorous learning experience. Alongside a foundation in the specialized knowledge and skills related to holistic business areas, you will also have opportunities to deeply understand the real challenges facing managers and organizations in operating in competitive environments and specialize and apply what you’ve learned in practice. The program is organized around three key themes.
Integration and Application
In addition, you will choose any two 900-level elective subjects.
*You must complete Business Research Methods, an online zero-credit course, as a prerequisite for Strategic Business Project
- Prestigious and Accredited Degree: Upon completion of the program, all students will get a Master’s degree from University of Wollongong Australia, a university in the top 1% of the world universities, accord to QS World University rankings. This degree is fully accredited in the UAE by Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) and Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
- Skills You'll Learn to Support Your Career Goals: The completion of the program will equip the students with practical, hands-on and job ready skills like Communication Skills, Versatility and Flexibility, Strategic Thinking, Digital Savviness, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Leadership Skills, Resilience, Problem-Solving, Decision Making, Interpersonal Skills and Networking.
- Doctoral Study Opportunities: Should students wish to pursue further research after completing this Master’s degree, UOW Dubai offers a PhD program under the Faculty of Business.
- Global Career Opportunities: Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Business Development Manager, Business Operations Manager, Business Transformation Manager, Business Intelligence Analysts, Business Consultant, Business Analysts, Project Manager, Human Resources Director, Chief Marketing Officer, Health Services Manager, Entrepreneurs, Operations Research Analysts.
- With the global nature of this degree, you will be equipped to work in any industry in private, semi private or government sector in any region of the world.
Accreditation and Recognition
All degrees at the University of Wollongong in Dubai are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the UAE Ministry of Education and are licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). In addition, the degree is quality assured by UOW, which is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the national regulator of the higher education sector in Australia.
Also, all business degrees of the University of Wollongong are accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Students will be issued a UOW Australia degree upon graduation.
Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) provides an international seal of approval for business programs that ensures the educational needs of students are met through high quality, continuous improvement and excellence in education. This globally recognised accreditation has been awarded to only the top five percent of the world’s business schools.
Dr Osama Al-Hares
Dr Osama Al Hares's research interests lie in financial performance, corporate valuation and value relevance, corporate governance, earnings management, accounting for goodwill and asset impairments, emerging financial markets, and accounting disclosure practices and analysis. He has extensive consultancy and training experience in banking, investment, services, and small businesses sectors.Read More