Dr Kashif Saleem is an Associate Professor and the Program Leader for the Master of Applied Finance program.
Dr Saleem brings with him significant international academic experience having previously been employed by LUT School of Business, Lappeenrata University of Technology, Finland as an Associate Professor in Finance and by St Petersburg State University’s Graduate School of Management as a Visiting Professor.
With 171 citations, Dr Saleem also has an impressive research profile and has had a number of articles published in peer reviewed international journals, alongside numerous conference presentations.
- PhD, Economics and Business Administration, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- MSc Economics, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Finland
- MSc Business Economics, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
- BCom Auditing and Accounting, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
Dr Kashif Saleem's recent publications include:
- Saleem, K. et al. (2020) “Extreme return-volume relationship in cryptocurrencies: Tail dependence analysis” Cogent Economics & Finance
- Saleem, K. et al. (2020)” Corporate Governance Quality, Ownership Structure, Agency Costs and Firm Performance. Evidence from an Emerging Economy” Journal of Risk and Financial Management
- Saleem, K. et al. (2019) “The effects of the Paris climate agreement on stock markets: evidence from the German stock market” Applied Economics
- Saleem, K. et al. (2019) “Environmental Considerations and the Financing of Healthcare: Evidence from Sixteen European Countries” Corporate Ownership and Control journal
- Saleem, K. et al. (2018) “Risk analysis of high frequency precious metals returns by using long memory model”. Recourses Policy
- Saleem, K. et al. (2018) Measuring the Market Efficiency of Energy Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFS) Theoretical Economics Letters, Volume 8, Issue 6, Pages 1247-1256.
- Saleem, K. et al. (2017) “Islamic Banks Financial Performance and Implications of Basel III Standards in the GCC: An Empirical Analysis”. Review of Economics and Finance
- Saleem, K. et al. (2016) “Financial Integration and Portfolio Diversification: Evidence from CIVETS Stock Markets”. Theoretical Economics Letters, Volume 6, Issue 3, Pages 1304-1314
- Saleem, K. et al. (2015) “Overinvestment, growth opportunities and firm performance: Evidence from Singapore stock market”. Corporate Ownership and Control, Volume 12, Issue 3, Pages 454-467
- Saleem, K. et al. (2014). “Oil Risk and Asset Returns: Evidence from Emerging Markets in the Middle East”. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Volume 50, Issue 3, Pages 169-189
- Saleem Kashif (2014). “Modeling Long Memory in the Russian Stock Market: Evidence from Major Sectoral Indices”. Journal of Applied Business Research, Volume 30, Issue 2, Pages 567-574.
- Saleem, K. et al. (2014). “Transfer of Risk in Emerging Eastern European Stock Markets: A Sectoral Perspective”. International Business Research, Volume 7, Issue 8, Pages 134-145.
- Saleem, K. et al. (2014). “Market Integration, Return and Volatility Dynamics: Empirical Evidence from African Stock Markets”. International Business Research, Volume 7, Issue 9, Pages 30-44.
- Saleem, K. et al. (2013).” Transmission of the Subprime Crisis: Evidence from Industrial and Financial Sectors of BRIC Countries”. Journal of Applied Business Research, Volume 29, Issue 5, Pages 1469-1478.
- Saleem Kashif (2013). “Inflation risk, exchange rate risk and asset returns: evidence from Korea, Malaysia and Taiwan”. Journal of Applied Business Research, Volume 9, Issue 4, Pages 1209-1222.
- Saleem Kashif (2013). “Regional integration: Evidence from Africa, African Journal of Business Management, Volume 7, Issue 22, Pages 2086-2096.
- Saleem Kashif (2011). “Time Varying Correlations between Stock and Bond Returns - Evidence from Russia”. Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting , Volume 3, Issue 1, Pages 72-85
- Saleem, K. et al. (2010). “Volatility Spillovers between Stock and Currency Markets: Evidence from Emerging Eastern Europe”. Finance a Uver: Czech Journal of Economics and Finance, Volume 60, Issue 6, Pages 519-533
- Saleem, K. et al. (2010). “Time varying global and local sources of market and currency risks in Russian stock market”. International Review of Economics and Finance, Volume 19, Issue 4, Pages 686-697.
- Saleem Kashif (2009). “International linkage of the Russian market and the Russian financial crisis: A multivariate GARCH analysis”. Research in International Business and Finance, Volume 23, Issue 3, Pages 243-256.
- Saleem, K. et al. (2008). “Pricing of global and local sources of risk in Russian stock market. Emerging Markets Review, Volume 9, Issue 1, Pages 40-56.
- Saleem Kashif (2007). “Modeling Time Varying Volatility and Asymmetry of Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE)”. International Journal of Economic Perspectives, Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages 1-9.
He is a finance specialist with a keen research interest in asset pricing, energy economics, risk management, econometric modelling, asset management, valuation, corporate governance, derivatives, and emerging financial markets.
He is a member of the Multinational Finance Society, the Graduate School of Finance, Finland, the Eurasia Business and Economics Society, the American Finance Association, the European Finance Association and the European Financial Management Association. He is also an Editorial Board Member of the Eurasian Journal of Business and Management.
- Financial Strategy and Governance
- Quantitative Economic Analysis
- Research in Financial Markets & Institutions
- Advanced Managerial Finance
- Business Research Project
- Financial Institutions
- Corporate Finance
- Multinational Financial Management
- Business Statistics
- Applied Financial Modelling