- Faculty of Business Staff Profiles
- Dr Florian Gerth
Dr Florian is an Assistant Professor in Economics for the Faculty of Business. At UOWD, he teaches all courses related to Economics, Econometrics and Mathematical Decision-Making.
He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Kent. Dr Florian’s primary research interests lie in the range of Financial Economics, Quantitative Macroeconomics and Time-Series Econometrics.
Prior to joining UOWD in 2018, Dr Florian worked as a Research Economist at the Financial Stability Directorate of the Central Bank of Ireland and as an Assistant Lecturer at the University of Kent, UK.
- PhD, Economics, University of Kent, UK 2014-2017
- MSc, Economics and Econometrics, University of Kent, UK 2012-2014
- BSc, International Management, University of Applied Sciences Karlsruhe, Germany 2008-2014
- BSc, International Management, Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico 2009-2010
Publications include but not limited to:
- “New Ways of Modeling Loan-to-Income Distributions and their Evolution in Time – A Probability Copula Approach”, (2021) – International Review of Economics and Finance
- “Towards Full-Fledged Inflation Targeting Monetary Policy Regime in Mauritius”, (2021) Journal of Risk and Financial Management
- “Assessing the effectiveness of Covid-19 financial product innovations in supporting financially distressed firms and households in the UAE”, (2021) – Journal of Financial Marketing Research
- “The Behavioural Aspects of Financial Literacy”, (2021) – Journal of Risk and Financial Management
- “The Post-Crisis Slump in Europe: A Business Cycle Accounting Analysis”, (2018) – The BE Journal of Macroeconomics
Dr Florian’s primary research interests lie in the range of Financial Economics, Quantitative Macroeconomics and Time-Series Econometrics. These include among others, Monetary Policy Transmission Channels; Financial (In-)Stability and the role of the Financial Cycle in explaining Macroeconomic Performances; Firm-Dynamics, Resource Misallocation and Productivity Analysis; and Household and Firm Characteristics (Financial Inclusion and Literacy) connected to Economic Growth. In order to empirically analyse these topics he uses structural and empirical techniques like Cointegration and General-Equilibrium Modelling.
Since 2020, Dr Florian has been the Managing Director of Researchers Sans Frontiers (RsF), which is a research association with more than 50 researchers from all over the world.
Dr Florian is a member of Econometric Society, Royal Economic Society, European Economic Association and Eurasia Business and Economics Society.
Dr Florian teaches all courses related to Economics, Econometrics and Mathematical Decision-Making.
Remember to attend our next Open Day on Saturday, 29 April 2023.
Join our experts to learn more about our degrees, and how you can enrol at UOWD.